Dedicated to international students, the International Place is the virtual interface of the International Desk (Sportello integrato internazionale), which is physically located in the public relations office (URP, Banchi di Sotto 55, Siena).
It gathers under one roof the various activities and services offered to international students: those enrolled on or intending to enrol on a one or more modules or a degree course at the University of Siena; visiting professors, researchers, PhD students.
The International Place helps and accompanies international users on the path from initial access to the local and university environment to their full integration.
Pre-enrolment is open for the year 2017/18 for non-EU international students. These are the deadlines for applications and test/exam dates published by MIUR.
►FIRST, SECOND AND SINGLE CYCLE DEGREE COURSES
Deadline: 7 July
By this date non-EU nationality students resident outside the EU should go to an Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin to prepare the necessary documents for courses with restricted access.
Deadline: 21 July 2017
By this date non-EU nationality students resident outside the EU should go to an Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin to prepare the necessary documents for courses with no restricted access.
• 1 September 2017: Italian language test (students do not have to take this test if they have a specific level of knowledge or if they are applying for a course taught in English).
► INDIVIDUAL COURSES
If students wish to apply to take an individual (not a whole degree) course, the deadlines depend on whether the course starts in the first or second semester.
• 24 August 2017: deadline for pre-enrolment on individual courses starting in the first semester, at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in the student’s country of origin;
• 28 December 2017: deadline for pre-enrolment on individual courses starting in the second semester, at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in the student’s country of origin.
The application procedure consists of the following steps:
- step 1: find the right program;
- step 2: produce your documents (as required by the specific program of your choice);
- step 3: check the university enrolment regulation at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your country;
- step 4: wait for the response to your application.
For non-EU Citizen resident abroad, the pre-enrolment procedure for obtaining your VISA study is to be done at the Italian diplomatic representatives of your country. After that, you will be informed about the next steps.
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org