- Direttore del Dipartimento di Studi Aziendali e Giuridici dal 2015.
Past and Contributing EDITOR del Journal of Management and Governance, Rivista internazionale ufficiale dell’Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale e pubblicata da Springer Verlag dal luglio 2006.
- PRESIDENTE della Società Italiana di Storia della Ragioneria – SISR, dal 2014.
- COMPONENTE dell’Editorial Committee della rivista Accounting in Europe, Routledge, dal novembre 2004.
- Ad hoc referee per Abacus
- Ad hoc referee per European Accounting Review
- Ad hoc referee per Accounting in Europe
- Ad hoc referee per Accounting Business & Financial History
- COMPONENTE dell’Academic Panel dell’Organismo Italiano di Contabilità (OIC).
- COMPONENTE dello Scientific Committee degli International Workshop on Accounting & Regulation dal 2001 (organizzati in collaborazione con l’EIASM).
- COMPONENTE dello Scientific Committee dello European Accounting Association (EAA) Congress dal 2008.
- COMPONENTE del Comitato Scientifico della rivista Financial Reporting, Franco Angeli, Editore.
- COMPONENTE del Comitato Scientifico della collana di Studi RIREA Historica, Studi e Ricerche di Storia della Ragioneria.
- COMPONENTE del Comitato Scientifico della collana di Studi RIREA Aziende Studi e Ricerche di Economia Aziendale.
Roberto Di Pietra is a full professor in Accounting and Business Administration at the Department of Business and Law, University of Siena, Italy. Besides teaching Financial Accounting, he also holds a course in International Financial Accounting. He has been a Faculty member of the Network Harmonia, a member of the Scientific Committee organizing (in collaboration with the EIASM) the International Workshop on Accounting and Regulation (since 1998); a member of the iBeacon iBEACON International Business, (since 2008); a member of the Scientific Standing Committee of the EAA (2008-2016). Di Pietra was also the Coordinator of the Master in Control and Innovation in SMEs. From July 2006 to 2016 he was the Editor of the Journal of Management and Governance; since 2017 he is involved in the same journal as “Past and Contributing Editor”. He is also responsible of two units (International Accounting and Accounting History) at the PhD program in Business Administration and Management. Currently, he is the Director of the Department of Business and Law and an elected member of the Academic Senate of the University of Siena. He is also the President of the Italian Society of Accounting History (ISAH). He is also a member of the Academic Panel at the EFRAG. Di Pietra has been involved in several international summer schools and he is member of the Editorial boards of Accounting in Europe and REFC. Since 2012 he is visiting professor at the FELU of the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia).