• To recognize, within the conceptual framework of business economics, the economic dimension of the institutions health and social care;
• To know the basic concepts and characteristics of governance systems-management of health care institutions and social care;
• To understand the significance of the economic and financial transactions put into place by the company, and their link with the non-economic dimensions in the context of the assessment processes;
• To distinguish the basic elements of the model of the financial statements;
• To use the concepts and the simplest techniques for the analysis of costs (direct-indirect, fixed variables).
The economic activity; principles of business management; companies, the phenomenon of enterprise; cost; legal entity; economic subject , aspects of economic administration; transformation of local health company and hospitals; surveys in the general ledger: The budget statements; surveys in cost accounting: cost centers.
• The distinctive features of any company
• The economic functions and the "agents" who take them
• The company and relations of exchange with the environment
• The companies and their inputs
• The capital and its "state"
• The sources and uses of financial resources
• The assets, liabilities and net capital
• The economics and financial management
• The National Health Service (historical phases, actors of the system, funding)
• The Financial Statements (Balance Sheet; Income Statement; Classification of costs)
• G. Catturi. Principi di economia aziendale : l'azienda universale: l'idea forza, la morfologia e la fisiologia. Padova, CEDAM, 2012;
• N. Dirindin – P. Vineis. Elementi di economia sanitaria. Bologna, Il Mulino, 2004
• Study and analysis of the literature
• Seminars with experts
• Measurement of attendance in class
• Ongoing evaluations (participation in the activities, test)
• Ex post evaluations (test)
Real time information on teachers’ consultation hours, schedule of classes, exams’ dates, topics of the lectures, etc, are available at: : http://www.publichealth.unisi.it/pagineweb/corsiuniv.html; email address at email@example.com