After examining the different forms of organizational control and main dimensions of management control, specific attention will be paid to the study of the logic and methodologies for economic-financial analysis and planning and for the interpretation of Financial Statements.
In this way, the course aims to enable participants to develop skills in the use of performance measurement tools useful for acquiring information on the company's "health conditions" and formulating appropriate "therapies".
The course also focuses on the analysis of the evolution of Management Control System toward a better integration with the strategic planning.
In this sense, in examining the various types, characteristics, purposes and methods of drafting sectoral budgets and the global budget, the intimate correlation with the corporate strategic plan will also be highlighted.
The extension of control to the consideration of further dimensions of analysis, in addition to the purely economic-financial one, will also be examined. In this context, new planning and management control systems will be presented, such as the Strategic Map and Balanced Scorecard.
The aim is to develop in the participants a full understanding of the role of control in supporting corporate governance towards the pursuit of “sustainable success” objectives.
The following topics will therefore be addressed during the course:
01. - The concept of "control" within the company
02. - The different forms of the organizational control
03. - Management control and performance measurements
04. - The financial statements analysis: definition, phases and techniques
05. - Planning and budget
06. - Current evolutionary trajectories of management control
07. - Strategic planning and the Management system
08. - Balanced Scorecard
09. - The role of management control(referring to different sectors, both private and public)