Basic notions of anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology.
The features that are intended to form include:
- Good ability to interact with the child and family (communication skills);
- Knowledge of child development
- Ability to identify the needs of physical and mental health
- Knowing the structure and normal function of the body in childhood as a complex biological systems in continuous adaptation.
- Knowing how to interpret the morphological and functional abnormalities of the body that are found in pediatric diseases.
- Knowing the basic management of pediatric diseases in planning medical and / or surgical treatments based on scientific evidence.
- Know the principles of drug action, their proper use and effectiveness.
Physical examination of the newborn
Evaluation of a healthy newborn. General assessment. Inspection, Palpation, percussion, being anointed.
Heart disease: children with congenital heart disease. Acquired heart disease. Diagnosis, clinical investigation and treatment.
The newborn infant care: pathological pathological. Jaundice of the newborn. Respiratory Distress of newborn. Neonatal hypoxic ischemic syndrome.
The born preterm: intrauterine growth retardation. The new APG. The neonatal screening.
The infant with cyanosis and dyspnea: main respiratory disorders of the newborn. Diagnostic classification and treatment.
Fever and vaccinations: characteristics of fever. Simulation of paradigmatic clinical cases.
Pediatria Generale e Specialistica; Principi, Rubino, Vierucci; Ed. Ambrosiana
Neonatology, a practical approach to neonatal diseases; Buonocore, Bracci, Weindling eds; Springer Verlag, Milano, 2012.
discussion of a specific topic, identified by a title, made by a teacher, even with the help of computer and / or multimedia, based on a predefined schedule;
written examination (single choice)
Two tests are scheduled after the first 3-6 lessons
The course aims to give a clear and exhaustive understanding of Pediatrics and Neonatology. Slides of the lectures will be provided to the student at the end of the lessons