Also for the academic year 2019/2020 the University of Siena has set up a procedure to monitor the students’ opinions about courses via the use of ANONYMOUS ON-LINE QUESTIONNAIRES.
This method allows students to have an easier response and a greater possibility of expressing their own opinion in order to play an active role in improving the quality of courses on offer.
The questionnaire is accessed from the on-line secretarial office, by clicking on "questionnaires" > "course activity evaluation questionnaires"
The questionnaire icon is NOT visible from the “student's on-line record book” area
All the students ATTENDING or WHO HAVE ATTENDED LESSONS IN THE FIRST SEMESTER will be invited to fill out the questionnaires in the week 9-15 DECEMBER 2019.
WARNING: for reasons connected with course organisation or approval of study plans, some courses may bring forward or postpone the start of evaluation; in this case, the new dates will be announced by teachers during lessons and published on the Department websites.
It is possible to complete evaluation from any computer up to 1 March 2020. To encourage Evaluation week (dedicated to 1st semester courses), from Monday 9 to Friday 13 December, a dedicated phone line (0577/235511) will be available to students. During this period, some computer stations will also be set up on the Premises involved and in the URP (public relations office), dedicated to filling out the questionnaire and support services will be provided by tutor students.
LOCATION OF COMPUTER STATIONS WITH TUTOR STUDENT SUPPORT
- Mattioli building: 2 computer stations, at the building entrance, at the tutors’ counter.
- Le Scotte building: in the student area of the Medical Library, 1st floor, section III, by classrooms 13 and 14.
- Pian dei Mantellini and Porta Laterina Building: Internet Point in the Laterino building, from 8am to 7pm and Study Room in the Pian de’ Mantellini building.
- Humanities Centre office: Tutors’ Room on the ground floor in the San Galgano cloisters
- San Francesco building: 2 computer stations, placed at the beginning of the classrooms corridor (near classroom 7), close to the tutors’ counter and workstation.
- San Miniato building: 2 computer stations, at the “Tutors’ Room".
- San Niccolò building: in the "self-access” stations that are inside the scientific-technological library; in Laboratory 147 that can be accessed on request by students at the front-office.
- Arezzo: computer station in the Palazzina dell'Orologio foyer.
- Public Relations Office (URP) – International Place: in the offices on the ground floor of the rectorate. URP-International Place staff will provide assistance for international students filling out the questionnaire.
Detailed instructions for filling out the questionnaires are contained in the Students’ Manual 2019/2020.
To fill out the course evaluation questionnaires:
Access the normal segreteriaonline section and enter "questionnaires" > "course evaluation questionnaires"
- The process includes two separate questionnaires, in accordance with the percentage of lessons attended (less than or more than 50%)
- The questionnaires are anonymous
- The evaluation questionnaires can be filled out in different periods, according to the semester when the course is held:
► for 1st semester Courses: from 9 December 2019 to 1 March 2020.
► for 2nd semester Courses: from 4 May 2020 to 31 July 2020.
► for annual Courses: from 4 May 2020 to 31 July 2020, except for the cases where there are Course Units (UD – Unità Didattiche), that are completed in the 1st semester. The evaluation questionnaires for these UD can also be filled out in the periods foreseen for the 1st semester.
In the periods in which evaluation windows are open (for 1st semester courses up to 1 March), filling out the questionnaires by students is a necessary condition for enrolling in the set exam sessions.
Failure to compile such questionnaires will disqualify the student from enrolling in the first exam session.